Welcome to the MIFF
The Mignon Inniss Ford Foundation was established to continue the legacy of cultural bridge building among the people of the African Diaspora that was initiated in 1927 by Arnold and Mignon Ford.
Short Documentary on the Organization
The following is a video summation of the organization's history. The video can serve as an excellent tool for understanding the deep and viscerally important achievements of the Mignon Ford and the school's rare and amazing history.
Our Mission is to:
- Promote and keep alive the remarkable legacy of African American and Afro-Caribbean contribution to modern education in Ethiopia.
- Salvage what remains, re-build and re-stock the Mignon Lorraine Inniss Ford Memorial Elementary and Kindergarten Public School, restore it to its former glory, and bring it up to modern-day standards of excellence.
- Improve educational opportunities for Ethiopian youth by promoting mutually beneficial charitable and cultural exchange between Ethiopia and the African Diaspora.
- Establish the Arnold J. Ford Center for the African Diaspora on the school’s premise.
- To accomplish this, engage in vigorous fund raising, and seek material support.